SEN: New Arrangements
NEW ARRANGEMENTS FOR SUPPORTING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITIES
On 1st September 2014, the Children and Families Act 2014 introduced a new framework for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) representing the biggest shift in SEN for 30 years.
All Local Authorities are required to publish information on ‘the Local Offer’ about all SEND services, along with details of any eligibility for specialist services and a signpost to support for those who do not meet thresholds.
At Queens Road Academy the Special Needs Coordinator (SENCo) is Mrs Bhavna Karan.
The document link (below) School SENd Information report gives answers to the following list of questions:
1. What kinds of SEND are provided for?
2. How does the school identify pupils with SEND?
3. What are the stages of SEND?
4. How school’s resources/funding are allocated and matched to children’s needs?
5. What are the different types of support available for children with SEND Queens Road Academy?
6. What support is available for improving the social, emotional and mental health of children with SEND?
7. What are your school’s admission arrangements for pupils with SEND?
8. Who are the best people to talk to in school about my child’s difficulties with learning and SEND?
9. Who are the people providing services to children with SEND and their families?
10. How does the school involve children and parents/carers of children with SEND?
11. How does the school enable pupils with SEND to engage in activities available to those in the school who do not have SEND?
12. What are the arrangements for assessing and reviewing pupils’ progress towards outcomes?
13. How will we support your child when they are leaving this school or moving on to another class?
14. How are the teachers in school helped to work with children with SEND and what training do they have?
15. How is Queens Road Academy accessible to children with SEND?
16. What should I do if I have a complaint about the SEND provision made at the school?
17. How can I find out about additional provision for children with SEND in and around Barnsley?